Thursday, May 5, 2011

NaPiBoWriWee Halftime

Well, maybe this is the third quarter. I'm pretty sure we're past halftime.

It's a good thing to have a busy schedule, and I love all the things I am involved in and get to do, but I really need to keep up with my writing. So far I should have four and a half completed first drafts of five different picture books. What I do have is three pretty good outlines, a half-baked idea for today, and a whole lotta nothin' from yesterday.

I'm going to try to get those outlines fleshed out today. I hope that will give me a better idea for today and something for yesterday. I'm pretty excited about Josephine the Coffee Bean, though. She just sounds like fun to me.

On her NaPiBoWriWee blog, Paula Yoo recommended focus booster as a way to, well, keep focused. I'll test it today and see how well it works for me. I can focus for 25 minutes at a time. Really.

What works for you? Do you keep a schedule? Do you work best in focused bursts?