Friday, February 17, 2012

I've Been Tagged

Kelly Hashway tagged me to answer some questions here, then come up with questions for other bloggers to answer. Here are my answers - and the list of people I want answers from. (Hint: You're one of them.)

The Tag rules:
1. You must post the rules!
2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Kelly's questions for me:
  1. If you could live in a fictional world, where would that be?
    I like the real world an awful lot, but if I had to pick, I'd say Eureka. I know, I picked a TV place, not a literary place, but I'm sticking with it.
  2. Do you read in noisy or quiet places?
    Yes. I read anywhere there are words.
  3. What was the first book you ever read?
    I don't remember the very first, but the first I remember is Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
  4. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    I object to this question on grounds of cruelty. Only one book? Really?
  5. Favorite author?
    Right now I'd say Orson Scott Card because I just finished Pathfinder and loved it. Tomorrow I may have a different favorite.
  6. Do reviews influence your choice of reads?
    They don't influence whether I'll read something, but they do influence whether I buy it before I read part of it. If I'm unsure, I'll read a bit at the bookstore before I buy. If I get sucked in and don't want to put it down, I ignore the review and buy the book anyway.
  7. Fiction or Nonfiction?
    Usually fiction, but I love history and science books as well.
  8. Have you ever met your favorite author?
    No.
  9. Audio books or Paperbacks?
    Audiobooks are great for long car trips! Everyone gets to participate and be entertained. Otherwise, I like books any way I can get them- paperback, hardback, ebooks, I read them all.
  10. Classic or Modern Novels?
    Usually modern, but I am a sucker for Jane Austen. 
  11. Book Groups or Solitary Reading?
    I've only ever been involved in one book group, so I'll say solitary as a general rule.
My questions for others: I'm following Kelly's lead and cheating. I'll ask the same questions, but I'll add to number 4. If you can pick just one book, why would you pick it?

I've tagged: 
There are some people I didn't tag because I saw someone else already tagged you. Here's a bit more cheating: I would love to see answers to these questions from anyone not tagged - even the non-bloggers among you. Kate, D, Shauna, and anyone else out there - I would love to see what you think of these. If you want to answer in the comments, that'd be awesome.